How to Clean Crypton Home® Fabrics
by Greenhouse Fabrics on
written by Will Rieber, B.S. in Textile Technology
Follow these steps to clean Crypton Home Fabric:
- Spot clean with soap and water. You’ll begin by wiping away excess dirt and mess with a clean cloth.
- Next, you will mix soap with water: we recommend mixing 1/4 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent with 1 cup of warm water.
- Use a soft bristle brush to work the solution into the fabric.
- Blot dry with a clean cloth.
- Wait until dry and repeat the process if necessary. It is important to remember that it often takes less solution to accomplish a lot of cleaning.
It is better to use a more diluted solution multiple times than to use a strong solution once or twice. Make sure to thoroughly remove excess soap as it attracts dirt. For deeper cleaning, hot water extraction (steam cleaning) is an excellent method. This should be done periodically on the entire surface, while spot cleaning can be done on any stain. Routine cleaning is important for maintaining the life and aesthetic beauty of Crypton Home fabrics. The faster stains can be cleaned, the less difficult they will be to remove.